Valley of Joy, Spas and Eco-tourism










Maglič Fortress (Serbian Cyrillic: Маглич [mâɡlitʃ]) is a 13th-century castle about 20 km south of Kraljevo, Serbia. The castle is located atop a hill around which the Ibar river makes a curve, about 100 m above the river. The fortress protected the only road that connected the Great Morava Valley and Kosovo polje. Its name means The Foggy One from the Serbian word "Magla" (Магла), meaning fog.
Maglič was included on the list of Cultural Monuments of Exceptional Importance in 1979.








UNESCO World Heritage: Studenica Monastery








Flowing to the north, still following the western side of Kopaonik, the river reaches Raška, Brvenik, Bela Stena, Baljevac, Ušće, Bogutovac, Mataruška Banja, Žiča and Kraljevo, finally emptying into the Zapadna Morava.
Here, the river receives its major tributaries: the Raška, Studenica and Lopatnica, from the left, and the Jošanica.
In this section, the river has carved the 40 km (25 mi) long and 550 m (1,804 ft) deep Ibar gorge, which is the natural route for the major road in this part of Serbia, the Ibar highway. This stretch of the river is famous for its pinched meanders and gigantic whirlpools. The whole area, 110 km (68 mi) long (meridionally stretched) and 15–20 km (9–12 mi) wide, is known as Ibarski kraj (Serbian: Ибарски крај)

UNESCO World Heritage: Stari Ras i Sopoćani












River Ibar - The Cradle Of Mediterranean Civilization

The Ibar, also known as the Ibër and Ibri (Albanian: Ibër, Ibri; Serbian: Ibar, Cyrillic: Ибар, pronounced [îbar]), is a river that flows through eastern Montenegro, Kosovo and Raška in Serbia, with a total length of 276 km (171 mi). The river begins in the Hajla mountain, in Rožaje, eastern Montenegro, passes through Kosovo and flows into the West Morava river, Central Serbia, near Kraljevo.
It belongs to the Black Sea drainage basin, but till the 20th century it also belong to Ionian Sea, because the bifurcation of Nerodimka tributary on Kosovo, passing near Kokino (Macedonian: Кокино) a Bronze Age archaeological site approximately 30 km from the town of Kumanovo, and about 6 km from the Serbian border, in the Staro Nagoričane municipality. It is situated between about 1010 and 1030 m above sea level on the Tatićev Kamen (Татичев камен) summit and covers an area of about 90 by 50 meters, overlooking the eponymous hamlet of Kokino.




The Kokino "megalithic observatory" should be distinguished from the wider Kokino archaeological site. While the observatory consists of two platforms of a combined area of about 5000 square meters, the site covers about 30 hectares. From this area, an abundant amount of fragments of ceramic vessels, dated to between the 19th and the 11th centuries BC. Also found was a mould for casting bronze axes, and a pendant. The remains of vessels filled with offerings were found deposited in cracks in the rocks, which gave rise to the interpretation of the site as a Holy mountain.
The claimed archaeo-astronomical site itself consists of two platforms with an elevation difference of 19 m. The claim of the site representing an astronomical observatory was made by Stankovski and by Gjore Cenev in 2002. According to this interpretation, the site includes special stone markers used to track the movement of the Sun and Moon on the eastern horizon. The natural predisposition of these andesite rocks to crack vertically and horizontally caused forming of almost ideal cubic rock blocks that could be easily shaped and wisely used by the prehistoric dwellers as areas/positions for observing the movement of the Sun and the Moon and for performing religious rites.  The observatory used the method of stationary observation, marking positions of the Sun at the winter and summer solstice, as well as the equinox. Four stone seats or thrones are placed in a row on the lower platform. According to Cenev, A stone block with a marking on the upper platform marks the direction of sunrise on summer solstice when viewed from one of the seats.


UNESCO  Please follow this link for more




UNESCO World Heritage:

.
The Poljica Republic or duchy (Croatian: Poljička republika, in older form "Poljička knežija") was an autonomous community which existed in the late Middle Ages and the early modern period in central Dalmatia, near modern-day Omiš, Croatia.
It was organized as a "peasants' republic", and it's best known because of the Poljica Statute first written in 1440.

Gourmand attraction Poljićki soparnik is still live remaining of that time:



 





Cetina has its source in the northwestern slopes of Dinara. Rising from a spring at Milasevo near a small village called Cetina, located 7 km north from Vrlika, it flows a distance of 105 km to the Adriatic Sea. A large artificial lake begins near Vrlika, the Peruća Lake, which was created by a dam some 25 km downstream. Cetina then passes into the lower portion of the Sinj karst field, through the city of Sinj. After that it runs eastward, through the city of Trilj and then back westward around the Mosor mountain, before flowing into the Adriatic in the city of Omiš.
Apart from its visible basin, the Cetina also receives a lot of water from the west Bosnian karst field via underground routes. Its lower course begins from the Gubavica Falls (49 m a.s.l.) near the village of Zadvarje (20 km from Omiš). Here it leaves its canyon and flows into a valley which has nevertheless retained something of the appearance of a canyon.






The latter portion of Cetina and its relatively large drop in altitude was used to build several substantial hydroelectric power plants. Its water is also bottled as Cetina.
The total drainage area of the catchment is around 12,000 km2, and the annual discharge is around 105 m2s−1 as a consequence of a mean annual rainfall of 1380 mm.
Bounded to the east by the Dinaric Alps, which rise to an altitude of 2000 m, and to the northwest by mountain Svilaja, the majority of the catchment drains calcareous rocks of Cretaceous age, predominantly limestone. Rocks of Triassic and Jurassic age also crop out in the catchment and include dolomitic limestone and flysch. The underlying karst geology controls relief with a series of structurally aligned basins separated by high ridges.